Monday, November 26

Flying the Not-So-Friendly Skies


Dave and I were part of the jet-set for Thanksgiving, and before flying, we had a checklist of things to ensure a smooth pregnancy flight. We had a copy of my medical records, I drank a lot of water, I sat in an aisle seat to allow me to roam the aisles, we brought a bag of snacks, I chewed gum, I did seat exercises for my legs and torso... and still, it was probably the hardest thing I've done so far this pregnancy. The doctors warned us that it might be tough, and they weren't lying.

The strangest and in some ways hardest part of the flight was the ascent and descent - each time we went up or down, I got there first, and then the baby followed. It was like getting socked in the stomach over and over again. Apparently the baby isn't as strapped in as I thought - it's floating all over the place in there!

After each flying day, my stomach hurt on all sides, stabbing pains, for about 15 hours or so. And the second trimester is supposed to be the easiest time to fly during pregnancy! I am not looking forward to our upcoming flight to Colorado - after we get home, I'm staying on the ground until the baby is born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anything in your books about why that happens? Poor Sarah's tummy.