Sunday, September 9

Understanding our blog name

One well-known, beaten-into-the-ground aspect of pregnancy is food aversions and cravings, of which I have already had my fair share. Two weeks ago, after walking home from school in the heat and humidity, I collapsed on the living room floor and proclaimed myself too hot to eat. Less than five minutes later, I proclaimed myself starving. Dave threw out a number of suggestions... grilled cheese sandwich, salad, pasta, etc, to which I firmly shook my head no. I finally agreed to some heat-n-serve split pea soup, of which I am a big fan generally. Dave made himself a turkey sandwich and we sat down to eat. Four bites into the soup, I announced, "This soup tastes stupid," and refused to eat anymore. "I want chocolate for lunch," I said, to which Dave explained that there was no chocolate for lunch, but I could have an apple, a nectarine, a banana, etc. I settled on some bunny-shaped crackers and grapes.

"And the last thing I want for dinner," I maintained, "are VEGETABLES."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog should definitely be saved, as you'll probably hear those very words from your sweet little progeny in about three or four years. Dave is going to be a very good Daddy!

mikal said...

when i was pregant i couldn't deal w/ artificial sweetners, or fake butter and couldn't tolerate garlic for the first six months
so this will happen over and over again
though if you get any wierd cravings, let me know, i didn't get those (not like wanting to put cream cheese on cereal or something)
but i got VERY particular about foods and really only wanted fruit for the first 5 months or so anyway

can't wait to hear about the next phase of food
:)

mikal said...

ok i know i'm retarded because I just noticed you guys were in philly over the summer
what/where were you guys?! that's right in our neck of the woods!