Monday, October 29

Hungry. Really Hungry.

I woke up to a growling stomach Friday early morning at 4am. I closed my eyes and tried to ignore my hunger, but no-can-do. I was awake and starving.

Only 6 hours earlier I had eaten some soft-serve ice cream with M&Ms on top, and 3 hours before that I had eaten pizza for dinner. Pizza + ice cream = hunger so bad that I had to get out of bed at 4am and find something to eat? Unbelievable.

Dave and I were in a hotel room in Fredonia, NY, and there was a package of granola bars in my bag, so I quietly got out of bed and proceeded to eat the noisiest granola bar ever created. Dave woke up, thinking I was nauseous, but instead found me standing at the foot of the bed, shoving a granola bar into my mouth.

3 hours later I was awake again, and starving. I felt like a machine. I am a machine - a baby-growing machine. I couldn't understand all this hunger. And then Sunday morning I woke up, looked in the mirror, and... oh my. Look who finally looks pregnant! Ah-hah!! Hunger every hour = Quickly Growing Baby. Now it makes sense.

3 comments:

mikal said...

I RECOMMEND BUYING PRETZELS OR CRACKERS (I WAS PARTIAL TO THE HONEY WHEAT PRETZEL STICKS)
AND JUST LEAVING A SMALL BAG NEXT TO YOUR BED
THAT WAY, WHEN YOU GET STRUCK WITH THAT INTENSE HUNGER, JUST GRAB ONE AND EAT IT
:)
AND THEN ROLL OVER AND GO BACK TO BED

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised I beat your mom to saying this, but...

You can't claim belly growth and not post a picture as evidence.

Sarah Reckess said...

We took a picture last night - I just haven't uploaded it yet. It'll be up soon :-)