Thursday, October 25

Welcome to My Eating Trimester



I left class this morning and headed straight for the vending machine, where I bought a bag of potato chips. Then I headed for the clinic office to begin my workday. The potato chips were for later, I swear. But then I decided to eat the whole bag while I checked my email. It was not yet 10am, and I was eating potato chips. Normally, I would find that a little disgusting. Now, I'd like another bag.

The first email I received was from my friend Liz, who is celebrating Thanksgiving with us this year. She ended her email with, "Less than a month 'til Thanksgiving, yey!!! So exciting! Especially since you're in your eating trimester."

Liz nailed it on the head... a great description for what my world really revolves around right now: The Eating Trimester. And I am rather fortunate that my eating trimester coincides with Halloween candy corn and Thanksgiving pumpkin pie and Hanukkah fried donuts (I can't spell the name Dave calls them) and Christmas peanut butter cookies and Birthday cake! We couldn't have planned this better! Pass the potato chips, please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the word is "punchkes" or "soufganiyot".....and is it going to be another cheese-birthday cake????

lucky you - eat your way to motherhood! how fun!