Wednesday, October 17

Being Outed in Class

This morning I walked into class, and my classmate Jona said in a sing-song voice, "Look who's getting bigger!" Trouble was, approximately half of the people in the room didn't know I was pregnant, and Jona received the nastiest looks from my colleagues. There was some uncomfortable laughter and silence, and then Karista asked, "Sarah, are you pregnant?"

Once everyone realized what was going on, we laughed and laughed at the supposed rudeness of Jona's comment. And it was nice to be outed, because I wasn't really sure how to go about telling people before it becomes really obvious. Only trouble is that neither of my professors were present, so I still have to tell them, seeing as how they will remain my profs next semester as well.

No comments: