Sunday, March 9

The Belly Cast


Ooh hoo hoo. Dave certainly looks proud of himself in the top picture. And look at me, covered in plaster! Dave and I took the time to create the belly cast this weekend, and here's the picture to prove it. We also destroyed the bathroom and a pair of sweat pants in the process, but it was worth it!

The next step is to let it dry, sand it, and paint it. I'm thinking this will be a good activity for me when my "nesting" urge kicks in prior to labor - rather than cleaning the house spotless, I think I'll finish the belly cast.

See our earlier post, Pregnant Belly as Art?, for further explanation as to how this art project entered our lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is so amazing! And Dave looks incredibly proud of himself - ha! I want you to do it again right before you go into labor and see what the difference is.

Anonymous said...

Can we all help paint it????

mikal said...

i love when people put the baby inside after they are born....

Anonymous said...

You rock! Seriously! Love, Di