Monday, March 3

Showing Off My Eighth Month Belly


Two photos (click on each to enlarge) for your viewing pleasure, taken at 32 weeks. Only 8 more weeks to go! Now if I could only figure out where the baby is going to go as it grows. It's getting a little cramped in there.

The baby's movements have changed substantially in the past week and a half. Rather than kicks and random movements, baby has a schedule (10pm? Law and Order is on TV - time to wake up and move!) and reflexes. So when Dave puts his head against my belly to listen in on the noises of the womb, baby kicks him in the ear. If I push on baby's feet, baby kicks back. If I rub near baby's head, baby moves. Amazing!

FYI: black maternity dress from Gap Maternity Online. Pants are beginning to be uncomfortable and slide down the belly. (For relevant musical interlude, click here to listen to the Nields' song, Shoes: Farewell My Pants) Maybe I will wear this black maternity dress every day for the rest of pregnancy???

FYI part 2: Last night Dave and I went out to dinner, and I wore sweat pants and a sweatshirt (which for anyone who knows me knows that that is NOT acceptable). Before we left the house, I asked Dave if it was ok that I didn't change. He replied, "Considering how much effort you would expend just to change clothing, it's ok. But 8 months ago, it would not have been ok." Ah, true love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rachel! Ask for pictures more often, ok? You asked, and Sarah delivered - the pictures, that is....

Anonymous said...

You look sooooo beautiful, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Dave - keep her barefoot and pregnant. Anonymous is right....you look soooooo beautiful, Sarah!

Becky said...

You look fantastic - can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

You look great! wow...baby time is so soon...hard to believe.

Anonymous said...

You're such a beautiful pregnant woman!!!