Wednesday, March 19

Our Rocking Chair


This rocking chair is the newest baby furniture addition to our house! My mom is responsible for painting this gorgeous piece of art, and last night Dave and I put it together - slowly. We are not the greatest carpenters.

We've decided that for now, the rocking chair is only allowed to be used when I'm doing something positive related to the baby - reading, thinking, meditating. The reason we've instituted this policy is because I'm beginning to feel a little stressed due to school responsibilities and health issues, so we've designated the chair as my special baby place. Rocking back and forth and thinking about the baby will give the chair good karma - and hopefully keep me sane until labor. After that, it's anybody's guess where I will find my sanity... hopefully when snuggling with my baby and husband.

1 comment:

Liz said...

What a beautiful rocking chair, in a nice, peaceful place! Good idea! Are you really only "a little stressed"? Then you're doing great! I know you've always been awesome at stress management though. Hang in there, Sarah! I'm thinking about you all the time, and sending you healthy wishes!