Tuesday, February 5

I Fall in Love with My Tummy

Generally I've been sort of gawking at my pregnant tummy so far. I didn't feel very attached to it - instead I've felt attached to the baby. But the belly? Ugh. The tummy was in the way, it made me feel overweight, it hurt my back... And when I sat down, it deflated like a balloon. Bleh.

I've felt attached to the baby for some time now, but the belly was its own thing - it was the outward manifestation of the pregnancy, whereas the baby was a little person growing inside. And in my mind, those were two different issues.

This morning as I toweled off after my shower, I took a good hard look in the mirror, and I didn't feel revulsion or embarrassment at all. Instead I felt a little part of my heart turn to complete mush. I fell in love with my tummy this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Pat your little tummy for me.