Wednesday, February 6

Dave and Baby Have Their First Private Moment

If you don't already know this, Dave is a big political junkie, and Super Tuesday was the first time either of us have voted in a primary during an election year. And Dave was excited. And Dave didn't want to go to bed last night because he didn't know how California had voted yet in either the Republican or Democratic primaries. So I went to bed, and Dave stayed in the living room and flipped back and forth through the TV channels hunting for results until he finally got some answers.

In the meantime, I fell soundly asleep.

Dave then got into bed, and I was on fire! Hot, hot, hot. And Dave was kind of cold, so he snuggled up next to me to use my body as a radiator, and in the process, put his hand on the belly. And what a surprise! The baby started kicking, rumbling and tumbling, and Dave lay there feeling the baby's movement for a good five minutes. All the while, I was completely asleep - thus, it was the first time that Dave and baby have had a private moment to themselves. I like to imagine what Dave looked like as he held his hand to my tummy, what Dave felt with his hand, how thrilling it must have been for him to have this little moment with his child.

3 comments:

K. said...

Feeling baby move for the first time is something I'm really looking forward to. I have a few weeks to go (I'm at 13!!)

Funny how no one ever mentioned to me that when you have a "bun in the oven" YOU become the oven! I have never been so hot in all my years!

Anonymous said...

This story is without a doubt the sweetest, most wonderful thing. Way to go, you three!

woods said...

ok, this one made me laugh and cry too.