Tuesday, January 15

The Toilet Seat vs. the Baby

The toilet seat is broken. Suddenly, somehow, based on increased use or increased weight or some other factor, the toilet seat cracked. (Insert pregnant lady joke here)

Our landlord, John, came right over with a new, improved one. I apologized for breaking the toilet seat, and of course, he said he understood, since his wife just gave birth in September. (Insert another pregnant lady joke here)

I feel bad. I broke the toilet seat. Baby 1, Toilet Seat 0.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way! You did NOT break the toilet seat. Considering that I stand on the lid often to retrieve things on high shelves and clean the mirrors, it must have been ready to break anyway. Goofy person!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I can leave comments again! Yay! (As long as I don't try to sign in or anything......) How's this? I'm signing off as Soon-to-be-Nana.

Anonymous said...

No, no way! Toilet seats aren't broken, especially not by pregnant moms. They just decide its time they were replaced, and that's the only way to let their feelings be known.
This comment is from the anonymous bubi-to-be. Why can't either grandma figure out how to sign in????

Anonymous said...

Baby has beaten the kitty and now the toilet seat, who's next?

woods said...

for some mysterious (27-year-old-female) reason, this post made me laugh until i cried. maybe it's that i am reading your entire blog all at once, in chronological order, and have been laughing a lot - and this just tipped the balance over into crying. i don't know.
but thank you.