Sunday, January 20

No More Feet

It's official! I can no longer see my feet when I stand up. And yesterday I could barely put on my socks - Dave came into the bedroom to see what all the noise was about, and there I was, huffing and puffing and trying my hardest to pull up my ski socks for our cold walk to the Syracuse Basketball game from our house. And I'm not doing that much better with my winter boots.

What I've discovered is that the belly with the baby in it is not in any way like a belly with extra fat on it - the baby belly is hard and unmovable and like an extra limb. I cannot squeeze by people's chairs in restaurants or suck it in when I lean over. It is large and in charge. As is the little person inside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! I wish I could visit you and and hear these stories in person, but I love that you're keeping a blog so we all can follow along. Sounds like you are having enough excitment that you won't miss your feet too much for a few months... Love, Di

mikal said...

i'm surprised snowboots still fit! (no offense to you of course, all those joints between your bones are loosening up as preperation)

shoes w/ no backs... or ballet slipper/type shoes....
no laces
get rid of the laces

Anonymous said...

Can you still see then when you waddle?